Here is a way of praying for others by using your fingers to trigger you into thinking about different groups of people.
- Thumb: Those furthest away – missionaries, persecuted Christians, friends and families overseas.
- 1st finger: Those people who lead and guide us, pointing the way (ministers, teachers etc.)
- 2nd finger: The strongest finger – those people with power and responsibility (governments etc.)
- Ring finger: Those people we love – family, friends.
- Little finger: Those who are ill, weak, infirm, old, poor, helpless…
- Whole hand: Pray for yourself finally, offering your hands to God to serve Him as praying and serving hands for all the people you meet.
Taken from https://www.worldnetworkofprayer.com