Take some paper, and cut into strips – approximately 1 by 4 inches in size. Upon each strip, write down:
- The name of any who are ill or in pain
- Any who are in a position of care; perhaps a nurse, your doctor, the name of a local police officer
- Any persons who may be in fear; perhaps from bullying, persecution or trying personal circumstances
- Friends and family members
- Any others who come to mind
We thank God for the connections that make up our families and communities.
Take the strips you’ve written upon and glue them together as a paper chain – don’t forget one for yourself – to symbolise how we are connected under a loving God to one another.