- Sunday 31st May, 9:30am – Communion service on youtube, followed by coffee on zoom.
- Monday 1st June, 11-12 – Weekly discussion group on zoom. Looking at rule of life. This will be the last week of a five-week course. All are welcome to join us, it doesn’t matter if you came last week or not, you’re welcome to join in.
- Wednesday 3rd June 10:15-11:15am – Coffee Morning on zoom. Phone in or join us on the internet, all are welcome – you’ll need to make your own coffee.
- Wednesday 3rd June – 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Weekly evening discussion group on zoom, note the new earlier times, logon for coffee and chat from 6:20pm. This is a new course on art & belief led by George Kidner and Jane Nicholson, further details below. All are welcome.
- Sunday 7th June – 9:30am – Trinity Sunday Communion service on youtube, followed by coffee on zoom.
I want to say a huge thank you to everyone for your generosity. I’m delighted to let you know that we have now raised all the money that we need to purchase the new camera. This camera will better enable us to share services live online in this season, and will also allow us to stream services from within St Mark’s Church when that becomes possible.
All our services can be found on our YouTube channel here.
With the church being closed during the lockdown we have been unable to sell our Traidcraft groceries and now various items are getting close to their “best before” dates. These items are – chocolate chunk cookies, packets of 2 shortbread biscuits, raisins, sultanas, teabags, medium roast coffee, decaffeinated coffee and rich roast fresh ground coffee. We also have a small stock of peanut butter, orange marmalade, brown rice, dark mint chocolate and decaffeinated teabags with a slightly later date. Toilet rolls and kitchen rolls are also available. Pat Wright would be delighted to hear from anyone interested in purchasing any of these items so please contact her on 678416 to make the necessary arrangements.
Lymington and Pennington Flower Festival
Lymington and Pennington Town Council are running the 2020 Flower Festival. This year’s theme is ‘VE Day 75’ or ‘Lockdown Inspiration’.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? The competition is open to EVERYONE in Lymington and Pennington: residents, businesses, organisations, schools, clubs, shops, care homes etc.. IMAGE ELEMENTS Your image could be of a window box, school project, hanging basket, a pot, flower bed, front/back garden, vegetable patch, allotment, public space, wildflower meadow, natural landscape etc.
GUIDANCE Photograph must be taken in 2020. Photograph must be taken in the Lymington / Pennington area. Competition open: 01 June 2020 – 31 July 2020. This is not a photographic competition; the subject of the image will be judged.
Art and Belief Course
Following the successful completion of the Sharing God’s Life Course, the Wednesday evening group is embarking on a new series of discussions based on the pictorial arts led be George Kidner and Jane Nicholson. Each week, we shall look at a painting and discuss the themes that emerge from it. For the first week, Wednesday 27th May, we shall be studying the moving 15th Century Icon of the Holy Trinity by Andrei Rublev. Discussions tend to be lively and, sometimes, controversial! Do please join us on Zoom from 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm (please log on from 6.20 pm so that we are ready for a prompt start).
Every week our Sunday service is at 9:30am on our YouTube channel here. We’d love to see your photos of you at home getting ready for the service. Please do share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, it’s such an encouragement for us. After the service, you’re welcome to join us in zoom for coffee (you will have to brew your own!)
Join the Sunday service via Zoom
If there are people you know in our congregation who do not have access to the internet and would like to phone in and listen to our services, please share this information with them to join the Pennington Church zoom during the service and listen to the audio. To phone in, please dial 0203 695 0088.
- You will hear: “Welcome to Zoom, enter your meeting id followed by hash”
- The meeting id you need to enter is: 971 631 0618 #
- You will then hear it say “Enter your participant id followed by hash, otherwise just press hash”
- Please just press the # key. then you will be asked for the passcode, please enter 1839 followed by hash (#).
You will then be part of a conference call, and you will be able to listen to the service, and then talk to others afterwards.
We invite you to video yourself on your phone or computer reading the Lords’ Prayer. Please then email your recording to email@example.com
We’re now showing the Lord’s Prayer in our services with each line read by a different person and we’d love to include as many of our congregation in this as we can. Please be brave, and join in the fun. (Trust me, it was strange for me to get used to leading the service in front of a camera or a phone too.) Others in the congregation will be so delighted to see you taking part, as we are each encouraged by seeing those that we know and love.
Hampshire County Council Hub
If you would like to help with the community at large, the new Hampshire County Council Hub to support the community through the crisis has now been established. If you are able to offer support and would like to be involved, please contact them on 0333 370 4000. Your call will then be triaged and you will be passed to whichever organisation or local contact would be most appropriate.