- Sunday 20th December, 9:00am – Carol Service in building and online
- Sunday 20th December, 10:00am – Fourth Sunday of Advent online service
- Monday 21st December, 10:30am – Our weekly discussion group on Zoom Christmas social
- Tuesday 22nd December, 6:00pm – Fun Carols online. Join us online for our informal carol singalong, you get to choose the carols, you’ll need to bring your own mulled wine.
- Wednesday 23rd December, 10:15-11:15am – Coffee Morning on zoom. Phone in or join us on the internet, all are welcome – you’ll need to make your own coffee.
- Wednesday 23rd December, 6:00pm – 7:30pm – Our weekly discussion group on Zoom Christmas social
- Thursday 24th December, 10:00-11:00am – pick up your Christingle bag from St Mark’s Church Porch
- Thursday 24th December, 4:00pm – Crib / Christingle Online service
- Thursday 24th December, 6:00pm – Christmas Eve Communion service in building and online (this replaces the midnight service this year.)
- Friday 25th December, 9:00am – Christmas Day Communion service – in building and online
- Friday 25th December, 10:00am – Christmas Day Online Service
- Friday 25th December, 12:30pm – Zoom Christmas Drinks https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85117060907 password: coffee
- Sunday 27th December, 9:00am – NO SERVICE IN THE BUILDING
- Sunday 27th December, 10:00am – Fourth Sunday of Advent online service
- No midweek groups meeting during this week
- Sunday 3rd January, 9:00am – Epiphany Communion service in building and online
- Sunday 3rd January, 10:00am – Epiphany Online service
Children’s Society Collection Boxes
If you’ve previously taken a collection box to support this charity please remember to bring it back to one of our Sunday or Christmas services. If you cannot attend church please contact Dorothy on 01590 676163 to arrange another collection time or drop off point. Thank you
for your gift.
Monday to Thursday morning prayer takes place on zoom at 9am led by Jane Nicholson and Sarah Salisbury. All are welcome to join us. Zoom meeting: 895 2990 2640 password: 2020
This will also take place on Christmas Day at 9am.
Zoom Christmas Drinks
At 12:30 on Christmas day all are welcome to join with others from across Pennington and Lymington churches for half an hour on zoom for christmas drinks.
At 12:00 on New Years day, similarly all are welcome to join for a social on zoom.
We’d love to hear your thoughts
At Lymington and Pennington Churches we’re really keen to understand more about how you’re connecting with our services and our churches, what’s working for you and what we could do better, and to understand more about how life is for you, what’s on your mind at the moment. Please take a few minutes to follow this link and fill in the questions, to help us as together we find the way forward this unusual season.
The questionnaire has been put together by Rob and Mair Ellis, working in conjunction with Rev Rachel Noël and Rev Peter Salisbury. Rob and Mair have joined our church during 2020, but also have a background leading a market research company, and they have generously offered to create and host this questionnaire for us for free. Please do follow the link and share your thoughts with us, it really does make a difference. The full answers will only be shared with Peter and Rachel and there is no obligation to provide your personal details.
COVID Morning Prayer
With St Thomas in Lymington, we continue to ‘pray for our nation, for its leaders, its health and essential services and all those who suffer’ this week at 9am on Zoom led by Jane Nicholson on Mondays and Wednesdays and Sarah Salisbury on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please do join them either by computer or phone:
- Meeting ID: 895 2990 2640 Passcode: 2020
- Dial in from a landline phone: 0131 460 1196
The zoom details are here:
- Meeting ID: 848 0076 2384
- Passcode: 295455
“Being With” Course
Mondays 10:30-12:00 or Wednesdays 6-7:30
We are piloting the new “Being With” Course. This is an opportunity for those wishing to explore the Christian faith for the first time, those wishing to be baptised or Confirmed this year and those wanting to explore Christianity within the particular inclusive theology that we share. It’s a ten-week course, that will take place on zoom online, continuing on Monday and Wednesday. As we join the HeartEdge network, and are one of the few churches across the country that have been invited to pilot this course, we’d love you to join the conversation. Please email email@example.com to book a place.
Join the Sunday service via Zoom
If there are people you know in our congregation who do not have access to the internet and would like to phone in and listen to our services, please share this information with them to join the Pennington Church zoom during the service and listen to the audio. To phone in, please dial 0203 695 0088.
- You will hear: “Welcome to Zoom, enter your meeting id followed by hash”
- The meeting id you need to enter is: 971 631 0618 #
- You will then hear it say “Enter your participant id followed by hash, otherwise just press hash”
- Please just press the # key. then you will be asked for the passcode, please enter 1839 followed by hash (#).
You will then be part of a conference call, and you will be able to listen to the service, and then talk to others afterwards.
Sunday Services – are you in our virtual congregation?
We’d more than ever love to see your photos of you at home getting ready for the service. Plus, as we stream from the Lady Chapel, we’re hoping to see more of you in our virtual congregation as well so please do share a photo of yourself for us to add to our wall by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, it’s such an encouragement for us. After the service, you’re welcome to join us in zoom for coffee (you will have to brew your own!)
Rachel’s art for sale!
If you’d like to purchase art that our priest Rachel has created and showed in our our worship recently, please check out our new Red Bubble shop. Profits from sales of these items all go to support the ministry of Pennington Church.
YouTube and Facebook
We invite you to video yourself on your phone or computer reading the Lords’ Prayer. Please then email your recording to email@example.com
We’re now showing the Lord’s Prayer in our services with each line read by a different person and we’d love to include as many of our congregation in this as we can. Please be brave, and join in the fun. (Trust me, it was strange for me to get used to leading the service in front of a camera or a phone too.) Others in the congregation will be so delighted to see you taking part, as we are each encouraged by seeing those that we know and love.
Hampshire County Council Hub
If you would like to help with the community at large, the new Hampshire County Council Hub to support the community through the crisis has now been established. If you are able to offer support and would like to be involved, please contact them on 0333 370 4000. Your call will then be triaged and you will be passed to whichever organisation or local contact would be most appropriate.